Searching for “How to Screen Record on Mac”, “How to take a Screenshot on Mac”, or “Screen Recording iPhone Videos”? In this Apple/iPhone/MacBook course, we teach you all the screen recording and screenshot methods step-by-step!
We also highly suggest taking this class: Apple Mac Basics – The Complete Course for Beginners. This course is a beginner’s guide to Apple Mac OS enabling you to get the most out of your new Apple MacBook!
How to Screen Record on Mac
Searching for a screen recording Mac tutorial? The first step is to learn how to turn on screen recording.
Screen recording on Mac can be done using the built-in QuickTime Player app. Here are the steps:
- Open QuickTime Player
- Click on “File” and select “New Screen Recording”
- Select the recording area by clicking and dragging the mouse or by clicking on the recording button and selecting a window.
- Click the red record button to start the recording.
- How to Stop Screen Recording on Mac: Click the stop button to end it.
- Save the recording by clicking on “File” and then “Save”.
You can also download the best screen recording software. The top-rated screen recording app is Camtasia by https://www.techsmith.com (they offer both screen recording mac and screen recording windows downloads).
Screen Recording Mac with Audio Tutorial
Does screen recording record audio? Yes. Follow this screen recording Mac with audio tutorial video:
Free Screen Recording Software
Here are some popular free screen recording software options:
- Loom.com: A screen recording software with built-in collaboration features for sharing and commenting on recordings.
- OBS Studio: Open-source software for video recording and live streaming.
- Bandicam: A lightweight screen recording software with options for recording full-screen, selected window, or specific area.
- Camstudio: An open-source screen recording software with options for recording audio and webcam.
- Peek: A simple screen recording tool for creating animated GIFs.
- Open Broadcasting Software: An open-source software for video recording and live streaming.
- Screencastify: A browser-based screen recording tool with options for recording webcam and audio.
How to do iPhone Screen Recording
Looking for how to do screen recording on iPhone? First, let’s cover how to turn on screen recording on iPhone:
How to Screen Record on iPhone:
Screen recording on an iPhone can be done using the built-in screen recording feature in iOS. Here are the steps:
- Go to Control Center: On iPhone X or later, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the screen recording icon, which looks like a circle with a dot in the middle.
- Wait for the 3-second countdown, then begin using your iPhone as you normally would to record the screen.
- Tap the red status bar at the top of the screen to stop the recording.
- The recording will be saved to the Photos app.
Note: The screen recording feature is available in iOS 11 and later.
How to Add Screen Record on iPhone Control Center
To add the screen recording feature to the Control Center on an iPhone:
- Go to “Settings”
- Tap “Control Center”
- Tap “Customize Controls”
- Scroll down to the “More Controls” section
- Tap the green plus icon next to “Screen Recording”
- The screen recording feature will now appear in the “Include” section at the top of the screen.
How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone
To take a screenshot on iPhone:
- Go to the screen you want to capture.
- Press and hold the Side button on the right side of the iPhone.
- Quickly click the Volume Up button on the left side of the iPhone.
- The screenshot will be saved to the Photos app.
How to Take a Screenshot on Mac
In this tutorial, you will learn how to screenshot on Mac. To take a screenshot on a Mac:
- Go to the screen you want to capture.
- Press Shift + Command + 3 to take a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Press Shift + Command + 4 to take a screenshot of a selected area. The cursor will turn into crosshairs. Click and drag to select the area you want to capture.
- The screenshot will be saved as a PNG file on the desktop.